Friday, August 27, 2010

Order of Preference



© Circles of Life_8X10_Linoleum Print

My Last blog was about the book "Signs of Life" by Angeles Arrien
And I saw a lot of responses to it both on my blog and my Facebook page of people who tried the test. I strongly recommend getting a copy of the book and going through the other exercises as well as the in depth analysis of this test.


As for this exercise, in my last post I wrote about the symbols and what they signify.
But did you know that the order in which you place each symbol also has its own significance??


Here is a brief overview of the significance of the order.

  • Position 1 refers to place where you think you are. 
  • Position 2 reflects your strengths
  • Position 3 is all about where you actually are
  • Position 4 is your motivation and
  • Position 5 symbolizes your old, unfinished business.

It is a holistic approach of what the preference and symbols together signify. The combination gives you a true picture of your inner landscape. The most interesting thing about this test is that... every time you take it, the results are different.

2 comments:

  1. Joyita, this is fascinating and gives me something to think about. My middle symbol, the triangle is about goals and dreams...which is something I've been trying to bring into awareness, being at the end of one cycle and the beginning of another. Thank you for posting this--great teaching exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah even my middle symbol is a Triangle. I changed my entire career perspective to pursue a dream. And it was amazing to see how my Art reflects this choice.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog