Thursday, September 2, 2010

Artisans

Some of my work on the wall at the Artisans Gallery, Opening Tonight.


A couple of weeks back a smart and savvy young girl, Dora Szekely, walked up to me and asked me if I would like to show my work in downtown Mystic, all I needed to do was hang my work and Gallery Sit. She had seen my work earlier and thought I was a good fit. The prospect seemed very exciting and I jumped at the offer. I did have a few hiccups in getting my work hung, but there it is on the wall, contrasting and looking beautiful against the green. 


Portion of the Gallery space


Its a nice little creative group consisting of jewelers, blacksmiths, painters, mixed media artists and photographers. Some of the people whose work I admire greatly and collect.


The other side of the space with Mary Anne Sherman and Dora Szekely

© Jewelry by Mary Anne Sherman

Today is our grand opening as part of the monthly Art Stroll in mystic. Drop by if you are in the area to meet and see our work. And if you can't make it today, don't worry the show is open through the month. Stop by to see our work and stay tuned for our next opening. See you there!

Our Address: 3 Pearl Street
Mystic CT 06355
We are Open Wed-Sunday 12pm-8pm

2 comments:

  1. Joyita,

    Your works look gorgeous and glows against the apple green wall. I hope the opening went well with plenty of viewers. I would love to see single shots of each piece because I'm intrigued by the subject matter. Is there a place where I can see them enlarged?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah, thank you:)) check my website www.JoyitaNeerkaje.com under Acrylic. These are all based on a folk art style from India. The opening was fun we had live music and lots of friends from the area stopped by. To say hello and hang out.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog