Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sketch Book Project: Get Set Go...

© A page from my sketch book

Want to be the rockstar of the sketch book world? Then this is a project you want to be a part of. Like it says on their website "Its like a concert tour but with sketch books".
I first heard of it while chatting with a young artist and docent from a art museum at Starbucks. She was very excited about this project and her description and enthusiasm got me interested in it too. I immediately registered for it and opted for a random selection of a theme.
Finally got my sketch book in mail and my theme is 'Down your Street'. Now I am looking forward to some sketching fun. My first destination, the farmers market round the corner, down the street from home. I will keep you all posted on my progress.


If you want to know more about this project then just click on the image of 'The Sketch Book Project' on the right side of this page. It will take you to the official website of this creative project.

5 comments:

  1. How lucky you are to have a farmer's market just down the street and around the bend. I look forward to seeing how your sketchbook develops--the brilliant blue fence is a great start. Makes me feel like I'm walking along the sidewalk all the way across the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hannah..:) Yes the farmers market is only till October 1st, so enjoying the last few days of shopping from there. I am looking forward sketching through the pages of this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to having the sketchbook exhibit come to my hometown, Austin, TX!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sketchbook project sounds interesting...thanks for this...I'm off to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn.. I plan to catch up with it in Brooklyn

    Tracy, it sure is fun. I have got around doing a few pages and its been a lot of fun so far.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog