Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Scarlet: Art for the heart



The show poster

When I first looked at the Torso sitting on the seat next to me on my drive back home, a lot of varied ideas ran through my mind. And then came an image of my mother, the strength and stability of my life, our life. Isn't that how all mommies are? And I wanted my piece to tell a story of a mother. The fluidity, the sturdiness, the warmth of their undying unconditional love.


Partially Done
I decided to name my piece GAIA, the Mother from whom we are born from and into who we ultimately merge into. An ocean of love, the strength of a mountain, the calm of the moon and the warmth and glow of the sun.


My Working table on 11/30/2010


Here are a few pictures of the process I lived to bring my piece together. Like many facets of a woman's mind/life, I painted this with many layers trying to create interest and intrigue, texture and flow. I used a lot of different materials to bring it to life. Hand made paper, kitchen towel, wire and acrylic.


Detail from the piece


I dropped of my work this past weekend and had a sneak peak into the works and thought put together by the other participating artists, its just beautiful and thoughtful and very very inspiring. Each telling a story of a woman and every story unique and interesting in its own way.


So come join us for our opening this weekend at Hartford and help us make it the blockbuster of this year. Remember we cannot support this cause without your support. So help us with our effort to make a contribution towards the war against Heart Disease.




Where: Art Space Hartford, 555 Asylum Avenue, Hartford CT
When: 11th Dec 6:00pm to 10:30 pm
For more details check the Facebook event @ http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=141298912585136

See you there!

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love the torso you created. I hope you can share pictures of the exhibit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyite--I'm really curious to see the finished piece bc the process pieces are gorgeous, inspiring and intriguing. Can you post a photo? I love this direction you've taken...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claudine.. I will after the grand opening this weekend. They are so beautiful that I am itching to share it with everyone.

    Hannah... right now we (the participating artists) are just sharing the process and glimpses, after the opening I promise full pictures of my work and the others as well.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog