Friday, August 12, 2011

To Summer

© At one of the CT Tigers game this season
This year so far has been a busy one with loads of traveling, loads of fun and loads of inspiration. The year kicked off with my awesome trip to India catching up with my family after 3 years! The fun I had is indescribable in just a few words of a blog post. 
I came back to the fresh bloom of spring and the long awaited warmth of summer. 


© View from the Deck, Gazing at what lies in front
I got greedy and decided to take the summer off and pack in as much of fun, ideas and inspiration as possible. So my days have been all about traveling, Base ball games, Sailing, Kayaking, chilling on a hammock with some wine and a book, beach combing, some plein-aire painting, sketching and journaling in nature and loads more. I love my life!


© Sun Flower Festival at ButtonWoods Farm, CT.
I gave myself some time to read, admire, think, contemplate, express and be grateful. 


My working table one summer afternoon

Heres a poem that I have loved since I read it the first time and it so beautifully describes my thoughts on summer. 
"Our bards are famed who strike the silver wire:
Our youth are bolder than the southern swains:
Our maidens fairer in the sprightly dance:
We lack not songs, nor instruments of joy,
Nor echoes sweet, nor waters clear as heaven,
Nor laurel wreaths against the sultry heat"
- To Summer by William Blake (From poetical sketches)

Hope you are enjoying your time as much as I am. Have fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog