Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Writing my gratitude


Evergreen Beauty_16X20_Acrylic on Canvas
In private collection
I have been spending a lot of time thinking about the things I am grateful for. 
It all triggered after reading a blog post by a friend and a blogger I religiously follow Donna Iona Drozda, in her blog she wrote :  

 "The Third Quarter phase began Sunday, August 21 in the early evening (EST) and extends through Thursday, August 25 in the early afternoon. At the time of the Third Quarter Phase we can breathe in grace and gratitude. We can invest this time in remembering how miraculous it is to come to this thanksgiving place each month (moon)"

Its actually a tougher question to ask myself than I had anticipated. At first I had a long list of things. But then I thought some more and the thing I am most grateful for is my "Amazing Parents". Countless time I took them for granted and every time they gave me some more love. As I began writing, the post took a poetic turn, it probably does not rhyme, not well edited and is not the best out there... But its sincere and straight from the heart.

I am Grateful...
For the unconditional love my mother has for me,
For every time I said 'I hate you', she always replied 'I love you too.. dearly'.
Every time I let go of her, she let me fly
But always watched over me
Every time I was sick, she was there
Loving me, nursing me
For guiding me, understanding me
Encouraging me to find the true me.
Every time I saw her flaw, she only saw the good in me

I see you now, I know you now
You know I love you dearly.
I probably don't say it very often.
But, Mom your the best!
And I will always thank the universe who gave you to me.

© J Neerkaje

2 comments:

  1. Joy~
    I loved reading this post and am glad to see you writing again!
    xoLaura

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog